Fashion Questions From A Fashion Wannabe
So, it’s nearly London Fashion Week time again. I normally pop along and last year I had a lovely experience hosted by Elizabeth Arden at London Fashion Weekend. There’s a blog post about it on here somewhere. I’m now unable to live without my 8 hour cream as no one enjoys a cracked lip.
So, on the topic of fashion, I have some questions for people who are far more fashionable than I am. Any responses I will be eternally grateful:
- Heels. How the frig do you wear heels in the day time? I see so many people in office walking around so casually in high heels and not stumbling or wincing once. What am I doing wrong?
- Leggings. I think I understand leggings – so they’re to wear under dresses when it’s a bit short and tights look too slaggy? Or to wear at the gym with a long t-shirt. But not as trousers right?
- VPL. Last time I checked seeing a pant-line is still not in fashion. I see so many people wearing tight trousers/skirts with no line. I always get one. Is this where you must go underwear-less?
- Turn-ups. Is it OK to turn up your trousers? I know ‘ankle-huggers’ are a big no-no, but i though making your jeans slightly shorter with wedges/flats was OK?
- See-through blouses. What do you do? Strappy top underneath? Bra showing? NUDE BRA?
- Spanx. OK, but just don’t let anyone know, yeah?
- Fake tan. Out of fashion now I thought. TOWIE made it look tacky right? I don’t want to be orange. Is it best to fake tan a little bit? Or is it now or never that I embrace my paleness?
- Quiffs. I still love a quiff (I have short hair). But I don’t want to look like a les.
- Blazers. 90’s Topshop. Out?
- Studs. OK if you don’t wear them around your neck?
- Double Denim. Ok if you go two-tone?
- Collars collars collars collars collars collars collars collars
- Fakes. Great souvenir from your holiday in Thailand but an embarrassment when in public? Don’t wear it if it’s not the real deal is what i’ve heard.
- The two piece: Buy one. If not, make one.
- Leather. Too much is never too much.
- Lace. Out?
- Socks with heels. In?
I probably have more. Tons more. I’ll add them as real-life experiences normally prompt this fashion faux-pas.
“In love with Emma Gannon’s Ctrl Alt Delete. So funny & smart, and reminding me of some of my own cringe teen Internet exploits!”– Anna James, former literary editor of ELLE
"Funny, honest, and nostalgic!"– The Debrief
“Emma Gannon is a bright spark of light in the world. I seriously dig everything she makes”– Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Big Magic