What if success is…..
- Walking from one end of the park to the other on a crisp cold Sunday morning with someone you love. Like, probably l o v e.
- Knowing that whatever happens, you are enough.
- Getting through a fucking hard day.
- Learning to switch off your phone without feeling anxious.
- Being self-aware. Teaching yourself how to be.
- Starting the process all over again, each morning.
- Accepting you will have up and down days. Work, relationships, life.
- Always striving, but always reflecting.
- Making Fourteen-Year-Old-You proud.
- Knowing that you may never wake up and think I’ve Made It.
- Surprising yourself with the reasons why you’re suddenly thinking I’ve Made It
- Being cool with who you are.
- Realising you’ve found some of your tribe, and it is growing.
- Making something you’re proud of, whether or not you earned (much) money from it.
- Experimenting with your own definition of success.
- Always being interested in something.
- Not letting the demons of the world take away your sparkle.
- Having a bath. Having a roof.
- Feeling free.
- Working on something you enjoy, in any free time you have.
- Being open-minded and doing your best.
- Looking in the mirror and genuinely liking it.
- Continuing to educate yourself.
- Being happy with your life. Being happy for others.
- Doing the best with what you’ve got.
- Not the amount of followers, but who they are.
- Having a phone full of text messages from people who care about you.
- Being in control of your creativity.
- Waking up and smiling because of something ridiculously small.
- Going to the pub with friends who you’ve known for twenty years.
- Making someone’s day.
- Knowing you’ll be missed by someone.
- Knowing who you are, even if it’s for 10 minutes in the middle of normal Tuesday.
- Not letting a hateful comment affect you for longer than 24 hours.
- One day not letting a hateful comment affect you, at all.
- Admitting you don’t know much, but every day you try.
- Having put one foot in front of the other your whole life.
- Something you cannot put your finger on.
- What if success is…this. You. Right now.
- What if.
“In love with Emma Gannon’s Ctrl Alt Delete. So funny & smart, and reminding me of some of my own cringe teen Internet exploits!”– Anna James, former literary editor of ELLE
"Funny, honest, and nostalgic!"– The Debrief
“Emma Gannon is a bright spark of light in the world. I seriously dig everything she makes”– Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Big Magic