What’s wrong with wearing spanx?
If “boy’s don’t get tights”, (as Dawn Porter once said here) then they will definitely not get SPANX.
So why are people so against them? Only this week I have seen more celebrities being rinsed for their use of slimline underwear. Instead of having a go at them, I think we should be embracing them. It’s not airbrushing or lying to the public by chopping off half an inch in a Victoria Secret ad, it’s just popping some undies. Let’s be honest: they are a MARVELLOUS invention.
They have many uses:
- Making that maxi dress look a bit less bumpy and let’s be honest with a dress that touches the floor, why not go all Bridget Jones, no one will ever know.
- Disguising a post-pregnancy tum in the first few weeks. (Can also be applied if you are having to attend a glamourous launch party following a huge Sunday roast.)
- Slimming down immediately by a few inches instead of going on a horrible diet
- Investing in something which will make every single item of your wardrobe look better
Celebrities that have been giving them a go as of late:
- Kelly Rowland – who describes them as a “girl’s best friend”.
- Kristen Stewart – in LA she’s been criticized by the Daily Mail as they are clearly poking out. Who cares!
- In fact, here’s 20 celebrities that love wearing spanx.
*image via http://chelseycomm4333.files.wordpress.com
How I Grew Up Online
“In love with Emma Gannon’s Ctrl Alt Delete. So funny & smart, and reminding me of some of my own cringe teen Internet exploits!”– Anna James, former literary editor of ELLE
"Funny, honest, and nostalgic!"– The Debrief
“Emma Gannon is a bright spark of light in the world. I seriously dig everything she makes”– Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Big Magic