GAGA LAUNCHES HER VERY OWN SOCIAL NETWORK
Move Over Zuckerberg
Lady Gaga has her own massive community of people. She has people who religiously follow her every move, and completely abide by her way of thinking: ‘Born This Way”. Her community of ‘Little Monsters’ (she calls herself Mother Monster) has outspokenly said she wants to help people believe themselves.
I’m trying to liberate them, I want to free them of their fears and make them feel that they can make their own space in the world. – Lady Gaga, BrainyQuote
So what do you do with 25M Twitter fans and 52M Facebook fans and all the fans in between?
You build your own social network of course.
This network I had to sign up for a few months ago as I was intrigued. I only just got access today and my first thoughts was.. it looks like Pinterest. But it’s a Pinterest solely dedicated to being outspoken, and celebrating the love for Gaga.
It really is a social network! Here’s what it offers:
- Media – this is the homepage, where you find the images and shareable content.
- Discuss – a forum for people to discuss issues/chat about music/get things off their chest
- News – Gaga related news. Tour dates/ fashion updates/ upcoming releases etc.
- Monsters – Here you can scroll through the members of the community. Check out the hotties maybe.
- Events – First dibs on gig dates
- Profile – The profile allows you to use Facebook connect so takes your existing profile picture and information
- Like Facebook – you get notifications and messages, and you can Open chat with your fellow Monsters.
How I Grew Up Online
“In love with Emma Gannon’s Ctrl Alt Delete. So funny & smart, and reminding me of some of my own cringe teen Internet exploits!”– Anna James, former literary editor of ELLE
"Funny, honest, and nostalgic!"– The Debrief
“Emma Gannon is a bright spark of light in the world. I seriously dig everything she makes”– Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Big Magic